I’ve been using Hammer for Mac for prototyping over the past month and I’ve really enjoyed the simplicity of the app. I’m working on a project that uses Bourbon Neat as my Saas framework and Hammer seemed like a good product to accompany Bourbon.
Recently I’ve been having issues with Dropbox and Hammer. Everything worked fine for a couple weeks and now Hammer is getting stuck in a rebuild loop. Here’s what i think is happening:
- Hammer makes a build
- Dropbox updates the remote version of the Build folder
- A few seconds later Dropbox updates the local version
- Hammer isn’t ignoring the Build folder in it’s directory monitoring so it fires off a rebuild.
- Repeat the process
Just exclude the Build folder from Dropbox syncing by following the steps below:
- Open your Dropbox “Preferences”
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and click “Change Settings” for the Selective Sync settings.
- If you’re in basic view, switch to advanced view so you can navigate further into folders.
- Navigate to your Hammer project directory and deselect the build folder.
That’s it! Now you don’t have to worry about Hammer trying to rebuild every time it sees a change to the Build folder. Let me know if you still encounter problems, maybe we can work them out together.